This is an interesting macaroni salad recipe because I’ve never had tuna added into this before. This cooking tutorial by Smokin’ & Grillin’ wit AB is straight forward and I love how he has everything already prepared instead of stalling in the video. I didn’t know southern-style macaroni salad included tuna, but you can always disregard it if you’re not a fan. A lot of people do not like tuna, but it’s a different twist. Macaroni salad is a great side dish or a nice lunch meal option. The reason why I love macaroni salad is that it’s so creamy with the perfect lightness. This recipe is not too heavy and it’s still refreshing.
- 2 lbs.Elbow Macaroni (pasta shells of your choice will work)
- 1.5 – 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1.5 – 2 cups Miracle Whip
- Paprika for garnish (optional)
- Green Onion Tops, Chives, Parsley, or Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp each Kosher Salt and Fresh ground Pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) can Light Tuna in water, drained
- 3 large Eggs, Hard-Boiled
- 3 Celery Stalks, chopped small
- 1 large Red or Yellow Onion, diced
First, gather all of your ingredients together so it’s easy to throw everything in the mix.
Next, you want to mix all of your ingredients together and slowly add in the macaroni. Fold over the pasta until it’s fully mixed.
Southern-style macaroni salad is a super refreshing side on a spring or summer day. I can’t wait to make this for my mom because it was her favorite growing up.