I am the biggest pickle lover and when people talk about the pickle people, I know they mean me. When I found this pickled watermelon rind video tutorial recipe by Cooking With Shotgun Red on YouTube, I was really excited because that was the one type of pickle that I haven’t tried. This pickle recipe has a phenomenal brine recipe and I really feel like that is the real key to a delicious pickle. This recipe calls for apple cider vinegar, which has more of a bite than white distilled vinegar, but both are good. The other cool thing about this recipe is the fact that you do not need a canning bath, these pickles can go straight into the fridge.
Ingredients For Watermelon Rind Pickles:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 and 1/2 of vinegar (apple cider or white distilled, whichever you prefer)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar (you could even go with 2 if you want the watermelon rinds to be extra sweet)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
In this pickled watermelon rind video tutorial recipe by Cooking With Shotgun Red on YouTube, you’ll earn how to make these watermelon rind pickles in a few easy steps. You start by removing the rind from the watermelon. Then, placing the cubed rind in jars.
Then, you pour on the brine and refrigerate.
This watermelon rind pickle recipe is spectacular!
Pickled Watermelon Rind Recipe