Strawberries are one of the most succulent fruits that are part of our wonderful world. Growing fresh strawberries is something I have always wanted to do but always thought that I needed a vast area of land, and a planned garden to be able to do successfully, but not so, according to this idea I just discovered. When I saw this amazing video by Garden Answer on Youtube, I was amazed at the possibility of being able to grow gorgeous strawberries in a small space, such as a patio or porch. This project is so fantastic, even the person with hardly any outdoor space at all can grow a wonderful fruit crop.
- A laundry basket (most will work, but a basket with large holes will work best)
- A burlap bag (you can get these from the feed store or local hardware store)
- Soil (the best potting soil you can find will be great)
- Scissors (to cut holes for your strawberry plants)
- Plants for the top (I would use another berry or herbs)
First, you will place the burlap sack inside the laundry basket and add your top-grade potting soil.
Then, get your scissors and cut holes in the bag, through the hole opening in the laundry basket.
This is one of the very best at home gardening ideas I have ever seen. I watch a lot of DIY gardening videos, but this one really stands out. What a great idea!
How To Make A Strawberry Planter Out Of A Laundry Basket