I love cooking anything in my crockpot, I hadn’t really ever thought of making a cake though. When I saw this awesome recipe by The Magical Slow Cooker on Youtube I knew I had to make it. It is a super simple recipe and it’s made in the crockpot which makes every cooking experience easy and pleasant for me. The minute I saw it I immediately went into the kitchen and got to work. The recipe instructions were simple as well and luckily these ingredients were not exotic or hard to find, in fact, I already had all of them in my pantry and in my refrigerator.
For The Cake:
- 1 Boxed Yellow Cake Mix (Pillsbury or Duncan Heinz are good)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 Bananas (mashed = about one cup if measured)
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts (divided in half)
For The Icing:
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
First mix all you cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and fold together.
Then spray your crockpot with cooking spray or rub with butter and add your cake mix then cook on high for 2.5 hours.
Then make the delicious cream cheese icing and frost your banana nut cake inside the crockpot and serve.
This cake is so delicious and easy.
Crockpot Banana Nut Cake Recipe