Summer is the time for outdoor entertaining. But in order to do that you’ve got to have a great outdoor space! Here are 13 multi-level yards to take outdoor entertaining to the next level.
1. It may be a small yard but the various levels allow for more green space and make it appear larger.
Tusculum Residence by Smart Design Studio.
2. Triangular terraced planters create a multilevel yard complete with a slide and sandbox for the kids.
Designed by Eldridge London. Photography by Lyndon Douglas.
3. This backyard has created multiple levels through the use of black wood to make steps, planters, and an elevated deck with an entertaining spot and a hot tub.
Contemporary remodel by Michael Kramer/Karen Kramer. Photography by Olga Soboleva.
4. An entertaining area with a firepit and a dining area make up the two main levels of this backyard in Avoca Beach, Australia.
Keir Residence by True North Architects. Photography by Brigid Arnott.
5. This multi-level backyard has built-in seating and stone steps leading from one area to the next.
Landscaping by Outdoor Establishments
6. This backyard has multiple levels for entertaining and relaxing, with a water feature as a focal point.
Gliston Road Chelsea landscape designed by Bartholomew Landscaping.
7. This backyard has multiple levels for entertaining and dining, and another for the pool and lounging.
Mosman Garden by Harrison’s Landscaping. Photography by Natalie Hunfalvay.
8. Two distinct areas in this yard make it a perfect place for an outdoor event.
Backyard Garden by Space Designs.
9. This backyard has an area at ground level with large stone slabs and firepit, and a second elevated area with garden space.
Incline house by Design Line Builds. Photography by Matthew Millman Photography.
10. Lots of green in the various levels of this backyard help it feel bigger than it actually is.
Built by Matarozzi Pelsinger Builders. Architecture and photography by David Gast. Interior Design by Martha Angus.
11. This yard may be small but the multiple levels make it feel larger yet cozy at the same time.
Designed by Fossey Arora Design and constructed by The Garden Builders. Photography by Blooming Photography.
12. This backyard has been divided into a number of sub areas that all serve different functions to get the most out of the space.
Northbridge Garden by Art in Green. Photography by Peter Brennan.
13. This backyard is divided into a ground level area with green space and a seating patio, and a second level with a seating area at the same height as the pool.