Much like suspension bridges, tree top walks are a great way to get close to nature and see the world from a new perspective.
The series of bridges that make up these tree top walks are usually suspended high in the trees and have lookout points along the way so you can stop on a secure platform and take in your surroundings.
Here are 11 amazing treetop walks from around the world.
1. The Danum Valley canopy walk in Borneo, Malaysia uses tree friendly engineering that allows the platforms to be adjusted as the tree grows and keeps cables out of the trees.
First photo by M. Edliadi for the Center for International Forestry Research / Flickr (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) // Second photo by Mushroom Kate / Flickr (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
2. Walk through the canopy of the Valley of the Giants at the Tree Top Walk in Denmark, Western Australia.
First photo by Tam / Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0) // Second photo by Amanda Slater / Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
3. The Iwokrama Canopy Walkway in central Guyana offers nine activities to make your tree top walk even more exciting.
Photography by Iwokrama Canopy Walkway
4. Designed by Marks Barfield Architects, the 18-metre high, 200-metre Kew Treetop Walkway takes you through the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, England.
First photo by Tom Parnell / Flickr (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) // Second photo by James Petts / Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
5. Walk from Douglas fir to Douglas fir across a series of seven mini suspension bridges at the Capilano Treetop Adventure in Vancouver, BC.
Photography by Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
6. The Haliburton Canopy Tour in the Haliburton Forest in Ontario, is part of a guided tour that teaches you about the ecology of the forest you’re in.
Photography by Donnagee (CC BY-SA 3.0)
7. Walk through a canopy of flowering and fruiting trees surrounded by hanging vines at The Treetops Walk at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat in Queensland, Australia.
Photography by O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
8. Take a “Walk in the Treetops” at Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana.
Photography by Whitefish Mountain Resort
9. Spend the day walking through the trees and test your nerves on rope stations through the Lipno Treetop Walkway in the Czech Republic.
Photography by Stezka korunami stromu
10. Walk through the tree tops of the 130 year old birch forest at Egeskov Castle in Denmark.
Photography by EGESKOV
11. Walk through the Cedar, Hemlock and Fir trees on the TreeTrek Tour in Whistler, Canada.